Thursday, April 26, 2012

The REAL reason I bought the Alligator fabric

After making my daughter's alligator skirt, I felt that I absolutely had to work on my blouse in the same fabric.  Luckily, I already had the pattern cut out.

I used Colette's Sorbetto pattern, which was lovely.  The pattern was simple enough that after cutting out my pieces, I just glanced over the instructions then sewed without really referring to the pattern at all. And, because this is a free downloadable pattern, I did something that I never do - I cut right into the pattern after taping the pages together.  No tracing for me!  Tracing can be so tedious, and if I want to sew one in a different size, I'll just download the pattern again (but, because it fits so well, that seems unlikely).

Joanna took this picture - it is important to her that there be a fabric close-up

The most time consuming part was making my own bias tape for the edges - even using the continuous bias tape method, it takes a while.  It's all the pressing involved after everything has been cut.  I had planned to use store-bought bias tape, but it seemed like an unnecessary hassle when I had so much leftover fabric.

Even though I have now officially accomplished my Alligator fabric mission, I don't think we've seen the last of this print - I'm going to make sure every scrap gets put to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment