Monday, April 9, 2012

And the quilting goes on...

I fully intended to be more present here over the long weekend, but I was just too busy working on projects!  A few weeks ago, I blogged about the beginning of a new quilt here.  I've been working on it off and on for the past few weeks, and it's come quite a long way.


I'm excited to have the piecing almost finished - just one more row across the bottom, which I may try to start this evening.  Right now, I think that I'll hand quilt using both red and white perle cotton thread - my idea is to quilt different size circles inside the squares.

I wish I could claim that I've been fussy-cutting all of the different pieces, but I haven't.  Taking that into consideration, this is probably my favorite part of the quilt so far:


Cute, isn't it?

I predict that I'll end up taking much longer than I would like to finish it, but I'm excited anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment