Sunday, March 11, 2012

One for mama

I've been making so many skirts and pants for the kids lately that it seemed high time I make something for myself.  I have the fabric and the desire to have my own handmade clothes, but it's harder to find the time.  This weekend I didn't spend as much time sewing as I might have liked, but I did manage to throw together this skirt:




I used the Ginger pattern by Colette patterns - as promised, it was a simple skirt to make.  The instructions are lovely and there are plenty of helpful diagrams.  I used Lotta Jansdotter fabric for the main part of the skirt and Anna Maria Horner for the waistband - I love the unexpected contrast.


I also decided to include a lining - I usually regret it when I don't line garments that I'm making for myself.  I'm happy with it, though there are some things that I'll probably try differently when I make this pattern again.  My next Ginger will probably have a different waist style, and I may cut the main front piece on the fold rather than having a center seam.  Also, it will most likely be made using the velveteen that I used for this scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment