Thursday, March 8, 2012

Brought to you by the Letter P

Why the letter P?  Why not?  Joanna and Josh didn't happen to form any other letters, though I think Q for Quilt or O for Owl would have been appropriate.


Whatever letter you choose, my owl quilt is finished!  I finished my hand-quilting, and I've got to say that it was a very positive experience.  I've already decided that my next quilt will be hand-stitched as well (though I think it will have to be throw size, rather than queen size).  


For the binding, after much internal struggle, I used some beautiful Lotta Jansdotter fabric.  Though there are several areas in which I could improve, I think I need the most work on binding.  You can see that I use a zig-zag stitch to finish the binding - this is really just a fun way to disguise my  nervousness about proper binding.  But it works.





Despite any imperfections, I love it, and it has assumed its rightful place on my bed. 

Spoiler alert:
Now, remember the quilt I mentioned above - my next project that is going to be throw size?  Though I have not yet started it, it will be based around this collection:


I've already purchased one charm pack and a bunch of fat quarters.  Excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment