Tuesday, February 28, 2012

There comes a time

There comes a time in every girl's life when she realizes that if she's going to wear a scarf all day everyday, it needs to be super cute.  This winter, I've been wearing a plain black scarf almost everyday - it's an easy scarf to wear that is almost always on the hook by the front door.  But it's boring.

So, when I saw Anna Maria Horner's Figure 8 Scarf tutorial, I knew this would be just the thing to fix my boring scarf problem.  Also, I've been drooling over AMH's velveteen selection for months, and this is a great project to show off her printed velveteen.


Now that isn't boring, is it?


Instead of using voile, as the tutorial instructs, I decided to use quilting cotton from AMH's LouLouThi collection.  I imagine that my scarf is quite a bit more voluminous than it would be in voile, but I like it.  I had been trying to think of ways to use this XOXO Hugs and Kisses print, and it works really well with the Bubble Burst Sparkle Velveteen print that I used.


Now, the only problem will be that I'll want to wear the same thing every day.  And because it is so distinctive, people will notice.  Maybe I'll have to make a few more in other prints ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment