Saturday, June 30, 2012

One-Yard Wonders Flannel Boxer shorts

I am SO FAR BEHIND this month.  There has been quite a bit of chaos here in the peachyseam household (good chaos!), but I am not posting as much as I'd like.  So, here is my quick entry for Africankelli's May/June Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders sew along!



I decided to make these shorts because I happened to have about a yard of Flannel left over from backing my owl quilt, and I really wanted a cozy pair of shorts for sleeping.  It's been 90+ degrees here for the past week, so flannel really isn't the best fabric to be using, but oh well.
I really don't have many notes to make about this pattern, it was very good, but I didn't follow it exactly.  For example, I didn't leave the front flap open, you know, just because.  I also sewed some of the seams in a slightly different order than they directed in the book, and this didn't cause any problems.  Finally, I used a different size elastic.  

Mostly, I was trying to be thrifty and use the fabric that I already had on hand.  I love them.

1 comment:

  1. They look so cozy! Great job and a cute blog you have here.

    Amanda Rose
    http://sewmuchtosay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete