Monday, May 14, 2012

Josh's new PJ's

Josh has been needing a new pair of pajamas for quite some time, and I finally got around to sewing some a few days ago.  Really simple, but just perfect.  I used the Kickin' Back Sweats pattern from 'Sewing for Boys', mostly because I already had the pattern traced and cut out.  'Sewing for Boys' does have an actual Pajama pattern, but I really just wanted to use what I already had ready.

Obviously, I left off the pocket at the bottom, as I didn't really have a good contrasting fabric (or maybe I do and just don't realize), and I didn't think he needed a pocket for pajamas.  Maybe he would have appreciated one.

These pants are pretty long, I added extra length to the bottom of the pants, in the hopes that they'll still fit in the fall.  He won't usually be wearing them outside (this is an exception!), so I think it will be fine.

Look at all that money - maybe I should have included a pocket after all!

The fabric is a wonderfully soft Michael Miller Children at Play flannel.  I'm hoping that I have enough left over to make a pair of sleep shorts.  I may buy a little extra fabric and use contrasting fabric to make shorts - we'll see.  If I can get away with making shorts without buying more fabric, I'd prefer to do it that way.

Hurray for kids in pajamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment